If you are considering a facelift at the London clinic, there are some important questions that you need to discuss with your cosmetic surgeon. You will have a chance to get the answers during your initial consultation, before you decide whether a facelift is right for you.
1. What Will the Effect of the Surgery Be? It is vital that you have a realistic idea of what can be achieved during your facelift surgery in London. A facelift can help to lift and tighten your skin, reducing wrinkles and sagging, but the effects depend on the kind of facelift you are having. Your doctor can explain exactly what to expect.
2. What Happens During the Procedure? The basic procedure involves making an incision around your hairline and then lifting and repositioning the skin and underlying tissue. However, different kinds of facelift procedures can be used to target different problem areas. Your doctor can explain the options.
3. What Risks Are Involved? Cosmetic surgery in London is very safe, but there are always some risks involved in any medical procedure. It is important for you to understand these risks so that you can make an informed decision about having the surgery. Your surgeon will help you to understand the risks, which include having a bad reaction to the anaesthetic or developing an infection after the operation.
4. What Will Happen After the Operation? Recovering from a facelift will take some time and you need to be prepared for how you will feel after the operation. Your face will be swollen and bandaged for about 48 hours and you may have drainage tubes in place while you are in hospital. When the bandages come off, you will need to wear compression garments for up to two weeks to help with the recovery.
5. Is a Facelift Right for You? The most important question to ask yourself, once you have all the relevant information, is whether having a facelift at the London clinic is right for you. Your doctor can advise you on whether a facelift is the best surgery to achieve the results you want, but the decision is up to you.